Monday, January 12, 2015

Eat, sleep, rave, repeat

Okay, so the title of this blog is not strictly true, if you want to be pedantic and look at the 'rave' part.

Unless that is, you're willing to open up the definition of rave to include:

'Dons PJ's, spends time with Kindle.'

In which case, I totes rave often.

Things are definitely on loop in my London life. Cue inappropriate touch from undesirable stranger:

A Japanese man steps on the tube, and puts both of his arms round me, feigning that this is only way he can possible hold on.

Me: Um, do you think you could possibly stand over there? *Pointing to large space.*

Japanese man: Shitty, shitty train! *Moves dramatically into free space*

Me: *Stunned*

I can only assume that on trains in Japan, men are used to receiving their ticket and then some. And as such, the poor man was driven to fury, when he found me to be unreceptive and frankly disgusted.

Look who got 100% in this IQ test!

http://www.travelinsurancedirect.com.au/tripwise/guide-to-japan/chikan-and-wandering-hands

'Public transport here is mostly trouble-free, but watch out for wandering hands.
Some female visitors report being drugged and assaulted or being subjected to incidents of “chikan” - groping on public transport.
TID customers get useful phrases to use to scare off attackers, plus details on how to report it when they buy a policy. 
Tripwise automatically updates with extended and exclusive content. Buy a policy now to upgrade immediately. 
Our advice to our customers helps them have a better trip.'

Jesus McJesus.
I really want to know what the useful phrases are, but I really don't want to take out a policy.
Thus, I have been forced to use my imagination.
Firstly, it has been proven that uttering. "Um, can you stand over there please?" works a treat. You're welcome.
I can also suggest:
"Get off me you fucking nutjob!"
"Police!"
"I have a gun and the safety is broken!"
"Dirty bastard alert!"
"Sisters, unite and help me!"
If you are female and thinking about going to Japan, I suggest that you learn several, if not all of these exclamations, and in Japanese.
Whatever you do, do not type 'Japanese women get drugged on trains?' into Google, at work. What is returned, if anything, exacerbates the issue.
It's only a matter of time before my willingness to fully research my blog topics, hits me squarely in the face.







No comments:

Post a Comment