Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nuff Respect

Okay, let's admit it.

Fellow Peers, many of us have hit 25+ and become decidedly 'non-street'.

But panic not, for help is here! I happen to be Facebook friends with a few teenagers (They're family. Don't make it weird), and studying them has helped me to regain my previously lost cool.

Now, I could leave you all in the dark. I could unleash the below phrases on you in conversation and watch you despair. But I'm a good person, and so, will begrudgingly share:

Phrase: 'Get your essay out boi!'
Translation: - You're waffling on.

Phrase: 'Check you out, acting ten men.'
Translation: Bark is bigger than your bite.

And finally............(I've heard this one on the bus)..........

Phrase: 'Man's gonna get dropped.'
Translation: I'm going to beat/kill him.

Now, go forth my children! Use these with gusto. May I also suggest that you try to get a three in one. Let me know how it goes.

Example:

Mum: How many times do I have to tell you to wear suncream. Look at the state of you. It's terrible for your skin. I don't know why-

You: Get your essay out boi!

Mum: What? Don't you talk to me like that I'll-

You: Don't go acting ten men!

Mum: Frankly, I'm disgusted by the way you're addressing me, and I-

You: Nah mate, now man's gonna get dropped.


Don't worry guys, this one's on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment