Thursday, November 13, 2014

The puppet show


Oh bejesus guys - by midnight I'll be 7,640 words behind.

The only saving grace is that my last chapter is bloody stupendous - my protagonist gets dumped in Nandos.

GingerBeard says that I involve food in every chapter without fail like some obsessive fatty. But as he's only a fake Doctor, and not a writer, I don't take him very seriously.

To his credit, he is entertaining me. I took him on a surprise visit to Bath for his birthday. Well it was going to be a surprise, until the night before when I bellowed out, "So, when we get to Bath...Nooooooooo!!!"

I'd bought him a laptop and a bag for it to live in, but only taken the bag to Bath. He opened it and thanked me profusely saying, "That's so great, I'll go out and get a laptop for it."

And I was like, "What?"

GB: "To go with the bag."

Me: You think I've bought you a laptop bag without a  laptop?

GB: Yes, and I really like it.

Me: I've got you a laptop too!

GB: No you haven't.

Me: I really have.

GB: It's cool, I like the bag.

This is the kind of thing they were thinking of when they stated that relationships were hard work.

And anyway, who appreciates a bag for something they don't have?

I would've gone fucking nuts.

I wonder what else he's lying about, now that I know he's a really good actor. Probably loads of stuff. I'm pretty sure that the trust we've developed as a couple is disintegrating.

Could you tell him for me?

Thanks.

ALSO

Nia Edwards took me to see a Russian play last night. They promised English subtitles, but there was a good stretch in the middle where they couldn't be bothered. My interpretation of that bit, is that a giant girl was bitten in the vagina by a lion. They put a bowl under her bum, for her to bleed into, and then a real dog came over and drank some. Then she died. Then her boyfriend killed himself with a sword to the ribs. Then she came back to life and had a sleep over his body. And finally, her head fell off.

Nia's thoughts were close to mine, but she's certain that the girl was bitten everywhere, then peed herself in terror, and the dog drank her pee.

Either way, the main actor for the whole thing was a dog, and he gave the best dog performance I have ever seen.


At one point, they undid the male puppet's crotch and his penis fell out. They pumped it up with a  bicycle pump.

I think I liked it.

But I'll get back to your formally in a few weeks on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment