Sunday, January 30, 2011

P.S I hate you

Anyone know the definition of 'A walk?' I'm pretty sure it's a casual affair, at a considerably leisurely pace, which involves the inhalation of scenery and clean air. Unfortunately, a few friends of mine mistook 'walk' for mountain climbing, for wilderness survival, for army bootcamp. It's a miracle I'm alive. And what a loss that would be for the world - like losing J K Rowling, if she was slightly less famous, and was poor again, and hadn't had anything published.

It's lucky one of them was asthmatic. I stole his inhaler.

And you know what the conversational topics we covered were? Just your usual young professional banter: yawn rape, acid, pushing your other half off the cliff as a slightly less confrontational method of ending a relationship.

One of them gave me a creme egg and then hit me in the face. They all laughed.

I stepped in a bog. I tore my leather gloves on a rock. I had my focused face on and was labelled a 'sour faced cow.'

We went to a pub, starving, clothes torn, blistered, we ordered, salivating. They'd stopped serving food.

Thank God the weekend is picking up. Ginger Beard's only decided we're watching P.S I Love you. l think I'll just cry my way to Monday.

Hysterically yours, WriterAtLunch

No comments:

Post a Comment