Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I dream of Laura

Generating a nice bit of traffic from 'Stop smoking instantly.' I can only assume my blog is helping the nicotine obsessed kick the habit. Anyone out there throw a packet of fags away after each read? Do let me know (also, if decomposing lungs would help, I could arrange a picture wall?)

Speaking of addiction, yours truly has a little problem, I say little, because technically the physical size of it is very small. It's called Dream Zoo. And you can get it on your android, but you really shouldn't. It's not my fault. I'm from the tamgotchi generation. Remember those little bastards? We spent our youth feeding them, and cleaning up their digital shit, training ourselves in the fine art of motherhood, without even realising. Well now I've got loads of animals, a whole zoo of them! And I can breed them, and wash them, and even generate money from them. I'm just having a tricky time of pulling myself away.

It's beautiful escapism from the real world. I can pretty much convince myself that my main responsibility for the day is naming my giraffe and collecting funds for a land expansion. Of course I know what I need to do. I need to kill it. It's gone too far. Can you please steal my phone and get it done? I don't have the mental strength to do it myself.

I almost wish my problem was cigarettes, they would consume less of my day, and life (short term of course). It's quite sickening to think how much of my holiday I could've spent writing, but instead was on safari hunting for a mate for my pelican. HELP ME PLEASE.

In other news, mother dearest and I went to see Laura Marling last night, and I was speechless. Which those of you who know me well will realise, rarely happens. She was sooooo far away, and looked like a blonde wig on a broom, but it was good enough for me. Her awkward stage presence delighted. As did warm up act Pete Roe - check him out. She even covered a Neil Young song about heroin, which made me well up thinking about Dream Zoo. The band were good, but she didn't need them. She can stand there in her maxi dress, with an out of tune guitar and sing until you forget where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment