Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Moronika

I wrote this in my head on the way to work:

Moronika won't look up
At some point or other
With her phone in one hand
And her cig in the other

A phone that's been dropped
Thank God for phone cover

And cigs put out
On the hem lines of dresses
And little girl's tresses
But it helps her to deal
With the ongoing stresses
Of life


Which I think just about exhibits my three year Creative Writing degree, whilst at the same time, managing to convey my attitude towards my fellow Londoner. Isn't that just lovely.

ALSO

I was recently told by my occasional friend and colleague JB, that my blog is like a sandwich with no filling, in that I never provide an opinion on anything. To address this promptly, I am offering forth my top five opinions of the moment, duly titled:

HOT THOUGHTS

1. The best part of my job, is that there is a life size cardboard cut out of Ryan Reynolds in the room. He's looking at me right now, and he's saying, 'Soon Gemma, soon.' Thanks Ryan, I believe in you.

2.Did Rolf do it? Can you be a paedophile, and spend years trying to help sick puppies? Is he a sick puppy that no one helped? (This is less of an opinion, and more of an insight into my daily upset).

3. Did Cliff do it? Can you be a paedophile, and star in a rather stupendous film about a girl, who pretends to be a boy, and hides on a bus, culminating in a musical summer holiday? (see above).

4. Double denim never works.

5. I like blue cheese the best.

Ta Da! Take that occasional friend and colleague!

You wanted depth and you got it, perhaps too much, perhaps you regret it.

Perhaps I need to broaden my horizons, and develop opinions outside of celebrity paedos, celebrities in general, denim, and cheese.

But that's for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment