Monday, March 28, 2011

Don't worry, I'm a professional.

How did you spend our one day of British Summer? Did you wear shorts? Hmm? Did you?

Did you get out the paddling pool, and dust off your flip flops?

25th March, sunshine, R.I.P.

I'll tell you what I did, on that glorious one-of-a-kind day. I failed my driving test, again.

HA HA HA HA. It's getting rather more amusing with each fail.

I got off to a rather bad start when I was instructed to put the window down. Have I ever put the window down in this car? No. I just pressed the confusing little buttons next to the handle. Nothing happened. I eventually figured out the futuristic technology, and alas - window down. Which is fine, isn't it, if the buttons I'd so happily tried first, in my pot-luck approach, had not been to adjust the wing mirrors. The left of which is now facing the road.

I'm pretty sure I died. I think I'm using up my nine cat lives on these tests.

It's alright I consoled myself, that mirror was only perfectly adjusted for your left reverse. I'm sure that won't come up. Let's just hit these buttons again at random and see what happens.

What was nice though, is that the strangled choking/gurgling/mucus snorting sounds from the examiner (which I can only diagnose as a chest infection, due to my limited time watching ER) acted as a  kind of radio replacement.

I have developed a really detailed, justifiable story as to why I failed. The short of it being, trying to drive on the wrong side of the road on a Dual Carriageway. You'll just have to take my word for it, that it was an unavoidable and savvy move.

HOWEVER, only 4 minors.

So I don't know why he couldn't just get over it.

He said, 'Was that your first test?'

I said, 'No, my fourth.'

He said, 'Oh, right.'

Roll on number five, and a few less suicidal turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment