Sunday, March 06, 2011

Exploding Knees

I didn't go to the gym this week, but I did compromise by wearing my gym socks yesterday. I felt considerably gym-tastic. And even though I'm currently paying £30 a month to wear those specific socks, I feel that my fitness level and general health is much improved.

Speaking of how much my life is improving, I've managed to edit three chapters of my novel, and it's only taken me 3 months, which considering they culminate in approximately five pages, is pretty good going. And it all makes me wonder what other miraculous things I could achieve if I just put my mind to it.

I experienced a slight set back in my awesomeness last night, when trying to climb someones stairs. I ran straight into what can only be described as the remnants of a banister. The only upside is that I can add the bruise shot to the collection of photographs I send to my mother, to try and extract her sympathy. I was such a sickly child, that it now takes very severe injuries and illness to illicit a reaction. So far my most successful gambit was showing her how much of my hair is turning white, to which she said, "Oh Gemma, shit."

But anyway, I digress. My new employer's are recruiting volunteers for their annual climb up a massive mountain charity event. I was thinking about attempting this in flip flops. Not only will I be able to justify an investment in several pairs of summer footwear just in time for the upcoming two days of British summer, but the flip-flop sound will be very relaxing for my comrades, and set a steady rhythm for us all.

Last year, someones knee exploded. Will anyone sponsor me if I try to ensure that my knee explodes? To be honest, it sounds like a jolly promising adventure, resulting in a hilarious anecdote. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment