Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a cag in a bag!

For those of you who don't know me, I think it's time to share an intimately personal aspect of my life; I walk to work. For the last few weeks my commute has been a soul-destroying battle, including the obliteration of two umbrellas, and a steep decline in personal appearance. But as I write to you today, I am on the brink of a life changing revelation. And that, ladies and gentleman, is the cag in a bag. What, you may be wondering, is this wonderful invention of which she speaks so fondly. As it says on the tin, it's a cagoule, which you can stuff back in on itself into a small bag. Today, I donned my cag for the very first time and would like to report my findings. On the way home I was thrilled, with the hood up over my beanie, to realise that this was exactly the kind of wind velocity that would kill my umbrella. Should it have been raining, my top half would've been completely dry. How comforting that was. Unfortunatley, at the time of purchase, I'd forgotten that I had legs, but am planning to fashion some kind of wrapping out of bin bags. Due to the depth of the hood, your head resides in a warm cave. This means you have no peripheral vision whatsoever. As I only cross approx 16 roads on my way to work, this is of little consequence to me. Another benefit, is that coming round dark corners, I look like a tough hoodie, and would likely scare off any muggers before they spot the light blue and scatted pink roses pattern.

In writing news, I am not doing well. At all. It's really hard. I've never had the kind of discipline required. Nails are still bitten, chocolate still consumed. And I barely manage 1 glass of water, let alone 8. I wish someone would tell me that quitting now would be okay. After all, who needs another demand heaped onto a 9-5 job, a relationship, and a backlist of household chores. But sadly I must answer to myself. And myself is a drill sergent when it comes to pride. On my day off tomorrow I aim to write 10,000. But I will bite my nails, eat chocolate, and drink fanta fruit twist to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment