Friday, November 19, 2010

Me and Mr Flynn

I'm trying to write my blog, and frantically steam ahead with Nano at the same time - to the incredibley apt soundrack of Johnny Flynn. I look at life as a series of spinning plates on wooden spikes. You can work out your own happiness by assigning an aspect of your life to every plate. Are you running around like a headless chicken trying to keep them all going? Have serveral fallen and smashed? Does one profess a constant wobble. Of course Nano is a much needed added plate, make a timely entrance smack bang next to Christmas. As if there weren't enough plates collected from earlier in the year. But surprisingly, it seems to encourage everything else. It gives me something to rant about to my friends. It outweighs the other pressures, by sitting firmly at the forefront of my mind. It reminds me that it's good to do things for yourself, and only for yourself. It gets me back in touch with silliness. And the other plates just don't seem such a big deal, if only for November.

I like noting the quiet approach of week three. It's where the pride is, the lure of success. You become incredibly aware of how important this is. And you're not wrong, it does prove something. I think everyone ends up with a question answered. One that was particularly difficult to pin down. Let's pick up the pace a bit, and entirely indulge.......

No comments:

Post a Comment