Monday, May 28, 2012

Go for the burn!

I know you've said it.

You know you've said it.

At some point last week you went, 'Oh, isn't the weather amazing! It's incredible, I just love it.!

And ten minutes later, 'God it's hot. Are you hot? I'm too hot.'

It's okay. It's because you're British. You never really had a chance. Our grandparents do it. Our mothers and fathers do it. And now, throughout your life, you will do it. Accept the inevitable.

I also don't have any stories about seating!

But I do have one about this lovely, orange woman in Boots. If you've never tired 'The Green Machine', from Naked Juice, then shame on you. It's packed with ingredients that you'd never normally eat, especially all together and looks like bile. But here's the thing - it tastes good, and if the label's to be believed - It is good for you.

When aforementioned orange woman said, 'Great choice, these are fab!' I thought, exactly, well done.

I said, 'They are, but I can't believe what's in them. Pretty disgusting.'

She said, 'I know!' (Looked at the ingredients). 'Three and a half apples! I would never eat that.'

What's especially astounding about this, is the sheer array of more plausible options she had at her disposal:


SpirulinaBarley Grass
ChlorellaWheat Grass
BrocolliGinger
SpinachParsley
Blue Green Algae
Garlic


ALSO,

Is there anyone else with feet like mine? Where within the space of four days you've exhausted all your summer footwear via injury. Blister between the toes - no more flip flops. Blister at the back of the heel - no more sandals. It's like I present anything other than converse to my feet and they strop.

'Feet, try these, you'll like these.'

Feet - 'No. Converse.'

'What about these? These are nice.'

Feet - 'NO! CONVERSE!'

I guess I should consider myself lucky that we only get seven days of summer a year.

If you haven't already, try and burn. It will be something to remember it by.




No comments:

Post a Comment